War of Nations amplified some of the worst of human behavior, power hungry is another. Many players love to be in the position of power so much that they would not relent even if it means joining another alliance is a better option to him/ her.
If you are keen to be an alliance leader in War of Nations world and be admired by others, read on, the first part of this guide is a check list to see if you are really suitable as a leader.
- You have time and you are committed to the world. This is very important as leading an alliance is very different from just playing the game. You have to be online most of the time so that the alliance does not look dead to other members; you have to spend a lot of time negotiating with other alliance, leading wars, directing assistance, and etc.. If you are married with kids, or you are very active in multiple worlds, chances are you are not a suitable candidate — your alliance will not flourish unless you spend a lot of time and/or have very committed officers around to help out.
- The second most important criteria is you must be experienced in the game. You have probably played the game for at least a month or two, know the game mechanics inside out, the game politics in general, and good with general game play strategies. It is a big bonus and advantage if you have been with a top 5 alliances in another world.
- Real life leadership experience whether in your work, or you have successful led a team in another game will help a lot in your role as an alliance leader in War of Nations. You know the stress and problems associated with leadership role, and thus able to adapt to it better.
- Ready to spend a lot of money in the tune of thousands. Unless you are taking over a matured alliance, this plays a very important part in a newly opened world. By spending a lot of real money to buy gold, you will be able to jump start and become one of the top players where every other players know, and it will also attract other gold spenders (coiners) to join you. This has a very good positive cycle — your alliance will be able to dominate events consistently making it even stronger, and attract even more coiners to your team. You see, players spend money to win and not to lose, thus they are the most disloyal bunch and would just hop to the strongest alliance.
- If you have real life buddy or friends you made in game from another world to help you in the alliance, it is a great advantage as these players are generally loyal and committed to help the team, well, unless you took their girl friends in real life…
If you meet all the requirements above, let me know, I will join your alliance. I will talk more about running the alliance in my next blog entry.